Lower back pain affects 80 percent of all adults at some point in our lives. Symptoms of back pain usually get worse with movement and often limit the range of motion, sends shooting pains down the back, causes restless nights and limits your quality of life. Natural treatments often include chiropractic adjustments, yoga, a healthy diet and complementary therapies. There are also medical procedures and prescriptions drugs but my intent is to guide you on a healing journey devoid of these things whenever possible.
Lower back pain is commonly caused by this tension and shows up as a form of inflammation.
What is the cause of your stress?
Can you take steps to reduce the sources of tension and choose effective alternatives for healing?
Let’s take a look at this from as a whole today and really get to the roots.
Most of the time lower back pain such as sciatica is rooted in the second chakra, meaning that your life forces energy is unable to move freely causing symptoms of pain and inflammation. The sacral chakra (2nd chakra) holds onto unexpressed emotions, sexual energy, extra weight in the belly which can cause further illness or heaviness in the shoulders which affect our posture. Often blockages in this area manifest when we are holding onto hurt from relationships with family, friends, and lovers from our past or rejecting our emotions in someway.
What you are experiencing is a weakening of your life force, our kundalini energy wants to rise up properly through your chakras but we must first restore a healthy flow of energy through the sacral chakra. The lumbar region is strong and supportive but holding on to issues of fear and loss causes imbalance and weakens this area of the body making us weak in every other area of our life, for if our foundation is weak enduring the storm will be much more difficult.
All of your senses, all of your perceptions, all of your states of awareness, are associated with each Chakra. Your Chakras represent not only your physical body but also your consciousness. Take back your body and release your pain by balancing your Chakras and watch your whole world begin to change.
Top Tips for Relieving Back Pain
- Practice self-love, compassion, honoring your body, choosing a partner and friends that are complementary to your lifestyle, share your old hurts with someone you trust or release the pain that you are holding onto in a ritual.
- Practice energy-based meditation so you can learn to identify blocks, release built-up energies, emotions, tensions and begin to transform our body & life. Doing this in nature or with water in some way will better activate your healing.
- Work with a trained healer or coach which can guide and support you in your journey of health and happiness.
- Stay hydrated, when the body has dehydrated the ability to clear lactic acid, and other forms of waste is compromised, as is its ability to deliver oxygen and nutrients to the joints, muscles, and other tissues. The volume of vertebral discs also shrinks when a person is dehydrated, which further compromises the joint space and strains muscles and tendons.
- Magnesium oil spray and Epsom salt baths are incredibly restorative for sore, stiff muscles.
- Be mindful of your posture, when the skeletal system is out of alignment it creates a strain on our muscles, tendons, and ligaments, as well as promotes the development of fascial adhesions. Yoga is a useful tool.
- Try Arnica which is a plant with numerous healing properties.
- Eat a mostly plant-based diet that includes such things as flax and chia seeds to avoid inflammation. “Deeply colored fruits and vegetables are a key part of an anti-inflammatory diet,” says Dana Greene, MS, RD, LDN. I wrote all about different foods and herbs which correct inflammation, to read it click here.
- Avoid processed foods, fast foods, and saturated fats, all of these fuel inflammation. I also recommend you stay away from caffeine, nicotine and consuming large amounts of alcohol, anything more than 1 glass of wine a couple times a week may cause inflammation.
- Avoid toxins and chemicals in toiletries, cosmetics, deodorants, shampoos, soaps, lotions, cleaning products, cookware, plastics, synthetic prepackaged food, pesticides, heavy metals, antibiotics and synthetic medicine.
- Grieve the loss of your “former self;” accept that things have changed, you are not your past – you are the person who has grown and learned from your past. Embrace your ability to be the hero of your own story.
- Set S.M.A.R.T. (simple, measurable, achievable, rewarded, time-stamped) goals that help you move forward, this method enables you to track your progress, celebrate your successes and stay motivated.
- Love all, but do not care what they think of you. Trust yourself, know your weaknesses and strengths, only then will you be able to remove blockages and detoxify your physical body relieving yourself of pain.
- Nurture your emotional, spiritual and physical body as are all intimately tied together. Love yourself.
- Practice regular meditation, healing visualizations, Chakra opening meditations, Reiki treatments, and mindfulness. Each of these practices can help balance your Chakras.
Chronic pain affects 116 million American adults. That’s more than a third of the US population. And while pain pills reduce suffering, they can be addictive and produce side effects. Worse, they often fail to eliminate the true cause of the pain. “Almost always, if we find pharmaceuticals doing the trick, we’ll find a plant doing the same trick—and doing it more safely,” says botanist James A. Duke, PhD.
Americans spend at least $50 billion each year to help diagnose and treat various lower back pain symptoms while our body naturally releases endorphins more powerful than morphine that can decrease pain and even elevate positive moods on its own. We just have to tap into this.
I teach extensively on the chakras in different blogs and social posts but you can also book a breakthrough session if you’d prefer additional guidance on a journey of health and happiness.
Disclosure: what I am sharing with you is what I am doing, what is working for me now based on my current experience, training, and knowledge. There is a lot of science behind what I’m talking about it’s not all theory and opinion however it’s always recommended that you do your own research and speak with your physician before starting a new diet/natural therapies.
Hi there, I am Ashley Michaud, Mama, Healer, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach and Founder of Elemental Growth. I am passionate about travel, using plants as food/medicine and realigning people like yourself with nature and your natural flow of energy so that you can be your happy healthy best.
In addition to graduating from the world’s largest Nutrition school I have been trained in transformational coaching, attuned as a Reiki Master, actively practicing yoga since 2014, sharing natural alternatives to everyday products for the majority of my life and experienced in the following areas: Fertility, Natural Pregnancy, Home Birth, Breastfeeding, Parenting, Meditation, Intuitive Healing, Herbology, Foraging and Permaculture.